Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Carpool Challenge #1: Find another Carpool to write on our BLOG! *SUCCESS!

Enter APRIL and MICHELLE from the Office of Student and Alumni Affairs.

Destination: Manassas!  Round Trip Travel Time: 2 hours  Gas Consumption: Eeeeeeeeek!


The "Super Cool Carpool"

Everyone who’s anyone is carpooling these days! Gas prices are outrageous and in an attempt to be able to continue to feed my family a co worker and myself are now carpooling on the days we don’t work from home and let me tell you I LOVE IT! Not only do I save gas money but I also get to chat with my buddy the entire way to and from work and that makes our hour commute feel like 15 minutes.

Right now there are only two of us in the carpool, well 2.5 really since I’m about 12.5 months pregnant at this point, but we have a great time and it really helps with the stress level that IS Northern Virginia traffic. In addition to chatting and laughing on our way to work, since we take turns driving I get to take in all the stuff I miss when I’m driving. For example, the other day I noticed this on the side of the road…

Nah, I’m just kidding, but wouldn’t it be funny! We see lots of stuff and I can’t wait to tell you all about out adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment